M-Th, Nov 30-Dec 3, 2015, 9:30am-5pm. Evidentiary hearing for proposed sale of Hawaiian Electric Companies to NextEra. Blaisdell Center Hawaii Suites, Neal S. Blaisdell Center, 777 Ward Avenue, HNL. Details
by Peter Schiff
October 17, 2015
My father Irwin A. Schiff was born Feb. 23rd 1928, the 8th child and only son of Jewish immigrants, who had crossed the Atlantic twenty years earlier in search of freedom. As a result of their hope and courage my father was fortunate to have been born into the freest nation in the history of the world. But when he passed away on Oct. 16th, 2015 at the age of 87, a political prisoner of that same nation, legally blind and shackled to a hospital bed in a guarded room in intensive care, the free nation he was born into had itself died years earlier.
My father had a life-long love affair with our nation’s founding principals and proudly served his country during the Korean War, for a while even having the less then honorable distinction of being the lowest ranking American soldier in Europe. While in college he became exposed to the principles of Austrian economics through the writings of Henry Hazlitt and Frederick Hayek. He first became active in politics during Barry Goldwater’s failed 1964 presidential bid. His activism intensified during the Vietnam Era when he led local grass root efforts to resist Yale University’s plans to conduct aid shipments to North Vietnam at a time when that nation was actively fighting U.S. forces in the south. Later in life he staged an unsuccessful write in campaign for governor of Connecticut, then eventually lost the Libertarian Party’s presidential nomination to Harry Brown in 1996.
In 1976 his beliefs in free market economics, limited government, and strict interpretation of the Constitution led him to write his first book The Biggest Con: How the Government is Fleecing You, a blistering indictment of the post New Deal expansion of government in the United States. The book achieved accolades in the mainstream conservative world, receiving a stellar review in the Wall Street Journal, among other mainstream publications.
Full interview. Sophie Shevardnadze interviews Hamid Karzai, former President of Afghanistan.
Published on YouTube Oct 5, 2015
Published on YouTube September 23, 2014
Real Jew News
By Brother Nathanael Kapner
Brother Nathanael grew up in the U.S. as a Jew and converted to Christianity as a young man. He is now a member of the Russian Orthodox Church and lives in Colorado.
October 18, 2015
BRZEZINSKI’S LIFELONG DREAM of bringing Russia under America’s thumb is going up in smoke.
According to Brzezinski, whoever controls the Central Asian heartland, “the Asian Balkans,” controls Eurasia, and ultimately the world…all to the ruin of Russia.
As an adjunct of using Osama bin Laden paired with Saudi-funded Wahhabism in the ‘Istan countries, Brzezinski sent by way of USAID, the CIA’s public alter ego, millions of corrupted Korans and textbooks filled with militant Islamic teachings and violent images to schools of Afghan children in orphanages and refugee camps, in order to hatch jihadist fanatics.
Ethics complaints over high-priced meals were dismissed against Honolulu County councilmembers Ann Kobayashi, Ikaika Anderson and former councilmember Donovan Dela Cruz.
Hawaii Political Info introduction: This vote by the Honolulu County Ethics Commission on high-priced meals is not the same as the complaint filed by Dr. Kioni Dudley on the large amount of campaign contributions from companies connected with the Honolulu rail and Hoopili development projects.
Hawaii News Now
October 14, 2015
Ethics complaints over free meals and votes on the rail project have been dropped against two current and one former Honolulu City Council members.
Council members Ikaika Anderson and Ann Kobayashi and former member Donavan Dela Cruz were accused of accepting free meals at luxury restaurants from lobbyists supporting the Honolulu rail project. They were also supposed to report the gifts when they voted on the project.
But Honolulu Ethics Commission unanimously voted to drop the complaints after a secret meeting Friday.
List compiled by Peter Myers, Australia
(1) Syrian rebels willing to give up Golan Heights in return for Israeli military aid [Haaretz] Mar 2014
(2) Israel provides medical assistance to Syria's rebels [Foreign Policy] Jun 2014
(3) Putin Aide says Mossad is Training ISIS [Israel National News] Aug 2014
(4) ISIS is part of Neocon/Israeli plan to fracture Mideast by Wayne Madsen [Strategic Culture Foundation] Oct 2014
(5) UN Peacekeepers observe IDF interacting with Al Nusra in Golan [Untribune] Dec 2014
(6) Israel establishes Syrian Rebel Base in Israel, treats Radical Islamist Wounded [Richard Silverstein] Dec 2014
(7) IDF supplies arms to al-Nusra, a former Al Qaeda affiliate [Richard Silverstein] Dec 2014
(8) Cooperation between Israel & al-Nusra (al-Qaeda affiliate) [Consortium News] Jan 2015
(9) Gen. Wesley Clark: 'ISIS got started with Funding from our closest Allies' [Ron Paul Institute] Feb 2015
(10) Israeli army admits aiding al-Qaeda in Syria [Strategic-Culture] Mar 2015
(11) Al Qaeda a Lesser Evil? [The Wall Street Journal] Mar 12, 2015
(12) Israeli naval commandos assassinate Senior Syrian Official [The Intercept] Jul 2015
(13) Avaaz, HRW propaganda war; White Helmets are embedded with Al Nusra [Global Research] Oct 2015
(14) Israeli strategy for Arabs: Pit them against each other, Let all bleed to death [Information Clearing House] Oct 12, 2015
(15) Jeffrey Blankfort: Israel the main beneficiary from breakup of Iraq and Syria & rise of ISIS [Mohsen Abdelmoumen] May 30, 2015
(16) "Female Israeli Mossad Agent inside the Free Syrian Army" [Live Leak]
Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion (Explains Israel's thinking & strategy)
Published on YouTube October 17, 2015
Russia Today introduction: A former US drone operator has been awarded the biennial 'Whistleblower award' in Germany. Brandon Bryant revealed details of the secret programme he worked on. RT spoke with him right after the got the prize.
Grassroot Institute of Hawaii
October 14, 2015
by Joselyn Olinares
The money spent on overtime expenditures is not “free money”, it comes from somewhere (or rather someone). Any guesses to who that someone is? — It’s you, the taxpayer.
Kauai taxpayers are on the hook for public employee overtime and benefits, which have shown a growth in spending in recent years.
In Hawaii, overtime is calculated into a public employee’s pension. If a public employee can spike their overtime, this also spikes their pension, and Police Departments have the most generous pension calculation formula.